8-Day Premier Academy
Ages 12-19 (birth years 2004-1998)| Male & Female
Field Players | Individuals & Teams
July 5th to July 12th, 2017
Residential Campers – $1285
Day Camper Option 1 Only – $985
Limited to 48 players!
The Ultimate Challenge
The Premier Academy Soccer Camp is an extended program and then some.
Our 8-day Premier soccer academy program is designed to offer a soccer camp experience like no other. The SSA Premier Camp is an attention-to-detail approach that will maximize the development of the complete soccer athlete. The Premier Camp is divided into two Phases, and enrollment is limited to 48 participants to provide an intimate training environment for players.
Phase I (July 5-9) – A 4½ day block of cutting-edge training conducted both on and off the soccer pitch. Focus includes Athletic development, Technical development, Game Thinking/Awareness Training, Leadership and Character development. Additionally, teaching aspiring habits for total peak performance, learning new recovery and rejuvenation protocols, and how to better manage the demands of top-level athletic training and competition. Finally, off-field athletic activities will be incorporated with choices such as Paddle Boarding, yoga, mountain bike ride on Steamboat’s Mt Werner, zip lining and more.
Phase II (July 9-12) – Each Premier Academy participant will continue their development while incorporating a progression of training skills and topics. Players will be able to incorporate concepts and skills from Phase I during their continued training. Training in tactical awareness, technical and functional training, match games, and intense small-sided competitions will help all Premier Academy Athletes take leadership roles during the SSA Performance Academy Session 2.
More than a player Development Camp
Not only a player development camp – the SSA Camp is a true College I.D. Camp for High School aged players. All participants are coached by a diverse collection of college coaches (ranging from NAIA to D1) providing recruiting exposure in all training session and match games. The SSA also provides off-field training via College Q&A classroom sessions with our college staff, insider information on the recruiting process, the life of a college athlete, and NCAA compliance.
Our Staff Coaches will share their knowledge and passion for the game on and off the field. Following the Evening Session, the Premier Academy will meet with their Staff Coaches to review the day’s events. All residential campers are required to attend these discussions.
Already registered but looking to upgrade from a Performance Academy to the Premier Academy? Let us help you make it happen! Contact us at 970-846-3270 to ensure space is available and you get the best rates!
ZPro Goalkeeper Academy and SSA have teamed up for an 8-Day Goalkeeper Academy Training. Go here for more information on the Goalkeeper Academy.
- First Class Facilities in spectacular mountain setting.
- Top level national and international licensed coaching staff.
- Technical, Tactical, and Functional peak performance training sessions.
- Small Sided Competitions and SSA Cup Tournament Matches.
- Explosive Speed, Agility, Quickness training.
- To maximize quick recovery and regeneration between field session SSA incorporates fun off Field Activities such as inner-tube floating the Yampa River, swimming in Steamboat’s world famous hot springs pools, and more.
- Classroom seminars on cutting edge mental skills training, goal setting, college recruiting process and more.
- Open to Field Players and Goalkeepers; Individuals, Groups, and Teams.
- Specialized Goalkeeper training.
Remember to get our Cancellation Insurance for Peace of Mind from unexpected injuries and changes in plans. Available for $40 only during Registration.
Cancellation and Injury Policies
- 12:00-1:30 Player Check-in
- 1:45 Opening Meeting
- 3:00-4:45 Field Session – Mastering the ball; dominating your opponent.
- 5:15-6:00 Dinner
- 6:00-6:30 Classroom Session – Goal setting: Staying on track.
- 7:00-8:45 Field Session – Technical Stations: Shooting and Finishing
- 9:00-9:45 Soccer videos; showers and relax.
- 10:00 Lights Out!
Typical Day Sample Schedule
- 7:15 Wake-up call
- 7:30 Breakfast
- 9:00-11:00 Field Session – Fast footwork; tricks with the ball; passing and receiving, angles of support.
- 11:30-12:30 Lunch
- 12:30-1:00 Power nap!
- 1:30-2:45 Field Session-Defending: Pressure, Cover, Balance.
- 2:45-3:45 Match Games
- 4:00-5:00 Inner tube float the Yampa River – a blast and very refreshing.
- 5:15-6:00 Dinner
- 6:15-6:45 Classroom -What it takes to become the best player that you can be; What it takes to become an elite soccer player.
- 7:30-9:15 6 v 6 competition or full sided games
- 10:00 Lights Out!