Premier Soccer Academy
The Ultimate Soccer Training Challenge
The SSA 8-Day Premier Academy Soccer Camp builds on our Performance Academy by allowing campers to challenge and grow their soccer knowledge over multiple sessions.
The SSA Premier Camps utilize an attention-to-quality-detail approach that will maximize the development of the complete soccer athlete. The Premier Camp is divided into phases, that include intense training and quality active recovery sessions. This intimate training environment is for the most dedicated players. Enrollment is limited and early registration is highly recommended.
Player Development & College ID Camp
The SSA Camp is a true College I.D. Camp. Our high school participants are coached by a diverse collection of college coaches (ranging from NAIA to D1) providing recruiting exposure in all training session and match games. Interaction with our college staff during the week also provides College Q&A opportunities, insider information on the recruiting process, the life of a college athlete, and NCAA compliance.
Our Staff Coaches will share their knowledge and passion for the game on and off the field. Following the Evening Session, the Premier Academy will meet with their Staff Coaches to review the day’s events. All residential campers are required to attend these discussions.
Already registered but looking to upgrade from a Performance Academy to the Premier Academy? Let us help you make it happen! Contact us to ensure space is available and you get the best rates!
- First Class Facilities in a spectacular mountain setting
- Top level national and international licensed coaching staff
- Technical, Tactical, and Functional peak performance training sessions
- Small Sided Competitions and SSA 6-vs-6 tournament
- Explosive Speed, Agility, Quickness training
- Classroom seminars on cutting-edge mental skills training, goal setting, college recruiting process and more
- Specialized Goalkeeper training
- To maximize quick recovery and regeneration between field session SSA incorporates fun off-field activities such as inner-tube floating the Yampa River, swimming in Steamboat’s world famous hot springs pools, and more
- 7:15 Wake-up call
- 7:30 Breakfast
- 9:00-11:00 Field Session – Fast footwork; tricks with the ball; passing and receiving, angles of support.
- 11:30-12:30 Lunch
- 12:30-1:00 Power nap!
- 1:30-2:45 Field Session-Defending: Pressure, Cover, Balance.
- 2:45-3:45 Match Games
- 4:00-5:00 Inner tube float the Yampa River – a blast and very refreshing.
- 5:15-6:00 Dinner
- 6:15-6:45 Classroom -What it takes to become the best player that you can be; What it takes to become an elite soccer player.
- 7:30-9:15 Full-sided games
- 10:00 Lights Out!
More questions about the schedule? Check out this Complete Sample Performance Camp Schedule.
8-Day Premier Session
July 9 - 16th, 2023
Phase I: Training
Phase II: Recovery
Phase III: Advanced Training
The Ultimate Challenge
The Premier Academy Soccer Camp is an extended training program and then some
Our 8-day Premier soccer academy program is designed to offer a soccer camp experience like no other.
The premier camp is divided into 3 phases:
A 4-day block of cutting-edge training conducted both on and off the soccer pitch. Focus includes Athletic development, Technical development, Game Thinking/Awareness Training, Leadership and Character development. Additionally, teaching aspiring habits for total peak performance, learning new recovery and rejuvenation protocols, and how to better manage the demands of top-level athletic training and competition. Finally, off-field athletic activities will be incorporated such as tube float the Yampa River, and more.
Phase II is the recovery phase. In this phase, participants will enjoy an afternoon of paddleboarding, tubing, and swimming. After dinner, Premier Academy Participants will enjoy a light rejuvenating training session before gathering together in the courtyard for the annual Ice Cream Social and movie night under the stars. The next day, the group will test their Yoga skills with a recovery Yoga class next to the Yampa River just after sunrise with our personal, licensed Yoga Instructor. And just before Phase III begins, the group will go for a pristine local’s hike and picnic to take in all the scenery.
Each Premier Academy participant will continue their development while incorporating a progression of training skills and topics. Players will be able to incorporate concepts and skills from Phase I during their continued training. Training in tactical awareness, technical and functional training, match games, and intense small-sided competitions will help all Premier Academy Athletes maximize their individual development. The players will diver deeper into the topics, be led by a new coaching staff member, and play against different competition.